BitDefender Review and BitDefender FAQ
What is BitDefender?
BitDefender is a company that sells security software for PC, Mac and Android. It has a lot of different products, providing safety against viruses, spam, phishing, etc. It also has software for on-or offline backups, for home users or businesses.
What products does BitDefender sell?
As mentioned in the last section, BitDefender sells a lot of different products, used for different platforms or kinds of security. I’ll go over the products meant for home users.
- Mobile Security for Android: This is a free app you can get from Google Play. You can also upgrade it to Premium, which will provide more features. The free version provides you with Application Audit, which lets you keep track of each application’s permission requirements, so you can check what apps are trying to reach contact info, messages, calendar, etc., On-Demand scanning, which checks if all applications on the device are legitimate, and On-Install scanning, this means it will automatically scan any app right after it has been installed. The premium version also provides you with Web Security and Anti-Theft service.
- SafeBox: This application is used for secure online backups and synchronization of your important files to your PC, Android or iOS device. You can get 2GB for free, and if you want more space, you can upgrade to either 30GB for $50/year, or 60GB for $90/year.
- AntiVirus Plus 2012: This is an anti-virus application for your Windows-based computer, which will protect you against viruses, spyware and phishing attempts. The price for this product varies, since you can order for 1, 3, 5 or 10 PCs, and for 1, 2 or 3 years. The standard price is $50 for up to 3PCs for 1 year.
- Internet Security 2012: This program provides security on the web for you and your family, with features like antivirus, antispam, antiphishing, firewall, parental controls and social networking safeguards. Just like for AntiVirus Plus 2012, the price of this product is based on the amount of PCs and years you want to have it installed. The standard price (also for installation on up to 3 PCs for 1 year) is $70.
- Total Security 2012: This is the combination of AntiVirus Plus and Internet Security. It costs $80 for 3 PCs for one year.
- BitDefender Sphere: This is the ultimate security package BitDefender provides. It provides complete security for your PC, Mac and Android phone or tablet. It can cover up to three users, who can use an unlimited amount of devices for a year. This program costs $100.
Where can I find resources and support for BitDefender software?
On the top tab bar, there is a tab for support, and one for resources. If you click the tab Support, you can choose between an FAQ page for home users, for business or for Premium Services, or you can go to the forum where you can ask your question, or contact BitDefender via phone, chat or e-mail. Under the Resource Center tab, there is a blog, a press center, a news page, a page called FunZone, where you can get images, badges and infographics, and a Free Tools page, where you can download some small applications for free.